FEYNLAB® CERAMIC thick protective ceramic nano coating engineered for extreme durability & protection for painted automotive surfaces. As an ultra-high solids coating CERAMIC adds intense: gloss, U.V. & heat protection, chemical resistance, and increased protection from the light ‘love marks’ of washing .
Typically high solids coatings are difficult to install. FEYNLAB engineered CERAMIC for both hearty protection and an installer friendly experience. These combining factors make for a product that performs, lasts, and pleases vehicle owners.
- FEYNLAB® CERAMIC is a thick, durable, and economical high-solids professional nano coating with straightforward application.
- Certified installers may offer CERAMIC at a competitive market price while equaling or surpassing other brands in terms of durability and performance.
- Ease of application for a high solids coating was a priority during CERAMIC’s development. This innovation quickly distinguished it from the competition. CERAMIC is exceptionally forgiving with dwell times up to 25 minutes (Times vary due to temperature and humidity).
- CERAMIC’s impressive properties include; excellent heat resistance, brilliant gloss, and industry leading UV and chemical resistance.
- FEYNLAB’s® true nano technology and bonding chemistry allows for an unparalleled level of protection. The formula penetrates further into the existing paint structure than anything else available.
CERAMIC is only for professional use by FEYNLAB™ Approved and Accredited installers. Do not attempt to apply this product without training.
Durability, Warranty & Approved Surfaces
Warranty Period – 3 yrs.
Application includes 1 component layer, reaching an overall film build between 1-2 microns.
APPROVED SURFACES FOR APPLICATION ONLY: – DO NOT apply to unapproved surfaces
- Clear-coated painted surfaces (see warranty terms and conditions for approved manufacturers & vehicle types)
- Black textured plastics (test if unsure)
- Headlights & Tail-lights
- Black piano trim
- Clear-coated painted wheel rims & calipers
Unopened – 1 year. Opened – Use within 1-2 months. ALWAYS keep cap on bottle when not in use.
30ml (1oz) FEYNLAB® CERAMIC (enough for 1 mid-sized vehicle)
Always wear respirator & gloves during application. Ensure application area is free of loose contamination.
Thoroughly clean vehicle using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH. Follow with a topical decontamination clay treatment using FEYNLAB® PRIME. If necessary, use a ferrous iron removal product to remove all embedded iron deposits. After paint is polished to desired level, remove all polish oils using FEYNLAB® PANEL PREP to ensure optimal bonding and durability of the coating.
Prior to application place vehicle in a well lit, temperature controlled 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), & contamination free environment. Have plenty (6 or more) new microfiber towels, 2 or 3 microfiber applicators on hand BEFORE application.
Once the car is prepared, it is strongly recommended to tape off and protect all unapproved surfaces. This minimizes the risk of etching by the solvents in FEYNLAB® CERAMIC on unapproved surfaces. Avoid these surfaces with CERAMIC and wipe off immediately if any product accidentally finds these surfaces.
Shake CERAMIC vigorously for 2 min before use. Open the bottle and allow the coating 1 min of air exposure.
FEYNLAB® CERAMIC Application Instructions
- Apply enough CERAMIC to a microfiber sponge applicator to fully cover a single panel such as a door or half a hood.
- Make a “+” (plus) sign with product in the middle of the panel, then wipe around the boundaries of the section creating a frame.
- Next, fill in the framed area with slightly overlapping straight lines from left to right over the whole area and then repeat now creating up and down line. This cross-hatching ensures an level application.
- Due to its user friendliness, CERAMIC may be applied to the entire vehicle before removal for advanced users.
- After application, step back and look for any areas missed or those with excess product. If found, smooth out evenly with the applicator sponge. This will ensure even drying across the panel and minimize excess product usage.
- Allow CERAMIC to dwell on the panel a minimum of 15-20 min, until it is about 75% dry. Dwell time may vary depending on humidity and temperature.
- To test removal readiness: lightly swipe a small spot with a gloved finger and looking for a clean swipe. If the swipe reveals a clean trail then remove, if the swipe smears then allow it to dwell longer. Repeat swipe test again in 2-5 min increments to determine wipe times.
- Wipe off CERAMIC following same pattern of application, using a clean microfiber towel.
Recommended Maximum Area of Application: 1/2 a vehicle. 1/3 in high humidity.
Be sure to carefully inspect all finished panels for any leftover coating residue (high spots) during the final wipe. Commonly edges, emblems, and other tight areas may contain some remaining residue. High spots are much easier to remove if caught within a 20-40 min window after the final wipe, than later when the coating has set and curing has started.
Although one layer of CERAMIC is sufficient to achieve the three-year durability on clear-coated painted surfaces, another coat may be applied to any area to gain additional thickness (such as the hood or front bumper).
To layer CERAMIC, wait 1-3 hours before applying second layer. DO NOT wait longer than 3 hours after first layer or cloudiness will result.
Infrared Curing (Optional)
Bake each panel with an IR lamp to reach a surface temperature of 60°C (140°F) for 15min at a distance of ~ 30-36″ from the panel.
Post Application Instructions
- Avoid any incidental water exposure for 24 hours. If it occurs, gently wipe water off the surface.
- Avoid all chemicals including car washes for 7 days.
- If the vehicle must be released in wet conditions before 24hrs after the final coating, then apply FEYNLAB® DETAILER after 1-2 hours of curing time.
- Wash & Maintain Paint Regularly using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH or FEYNLAB® PURE RINSELESS.
All FEYNLAB® Coatings are subject to different dwell and curing time windows due to humidity and temperature conditions. In General, the higher the humidity level the quicker the coating will cure. If humidity level approaches 75% or higher then consider lessening the recommended dwell and wipe times for the coating.
Additionally moving air will decrease coating dwell times for areas it contacts. Therefore, it is recommended to stop all moving air as much as possible during coating applications to ensure consistency for all portions of the vehicle.
Coatings are best applied in temperature controlled environments of 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), with humidity as low as possible.